Twelve Bridges Middle School Dress Code
The purpose of the Twelve Bridges Middle School Dress Code is to set a tone of academic and behavioral excellence for our students. Adhering to the TBMS Dress Code helps promote the safety of our students and fosters a positive learning environment on our campus. The expectation of the administration and staff is that each student will follow the dress code during school hours, athletic events, field trips, activity days, dances, assemblies, and performances. The dress code applies to ALL students. The responsibility for the dress and grooming of a student rests primarily with the student and his or her parents or guardians. Students in violation of the dress code will be required to change into their PE clothes, will be lent a clean appropriate clothing item or will call home for a change of clothes. In addition, a violation of the dress code may result in a school detention and repeat violations of the dress code may result in an Administrative Referral and or suspension.
1. Shoes must be worn at all times.
2. Clothing must not expose buttocks, cleavage, midsection or underclothing at any time.
3. Clothing must completely cover all underwear and bra straps, including bralettes.
4. Strapless tops, low-cut tops, and clothing that shows bare midriffs (any part of the
stomach) may not be worn.
5. Off the shoulder shirts are not allowed.
6. Body piercings, deemed a distraction by the administration, are not allowed.
7. Students shall NOT wear articles of clothing, jewelry or accessories that promote or represent references to alcohol, drugs, gangs, violence, bigotry or sexual connotation. Clothing, jewelry, or accessories that might disrupt school activities or could pose a threat to the physical well-being or safety of students or others is strictly prohibited.
8. Hats may be worn at school, but must be worn facing front. Hats may not be worn to the side, sideways or backwards at any time. Teacher discretion will be used for wearing hats inside the classroom.
9. Pajamas are not to be worn to school unless it is designated spirit day.
10. Flags or capes (including blankets) are not permitted on campus unless related to a
designated spirit day.
11. Clothing deemed inappropriate by administration will not be allowed.