TWELVE BRIDGES PHYSICAL EDUCATION PHILOSOPHY & POLICIES
The PE staff at Twelve Bridges Middle School believes that physical education is of the utmost importance. Students will acquire the knowledge and ability to be healthy and physically fit. Fitness will be a major component in the physical education class. We strive to make your experiences in class enjoyable and ones that you will remember for a lifetime. Please come prepared and ready to succeed!
RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Gum is prohibited and will result in a Detention
- BE ON TIME!
- NO food or drink in the PE areas.
- Be respectful to yourself, others, and the equipment.
- Do not touch the equipment until instructed by your teacher.
- Leave any negative attitude at the door.
- All other school rules apply.
- Parent notes will be good for a maximum of 3 days per illness/injury. After the 3rd day a Doctor’s note will be required.
DRESSING DOWN RULES
- Titan PE Shorts and Shirt or plain blue shorts and grey T-shirt. Closed-toe tennis shoes will be worn for PE footwear.
- T-Shirts must be Crew Neck Style
- A sweatshirt and sweatpants are recommended for colder days: Navy Blue Pants and Grey Sweatshirt or vice versa
- Legging and yoga pants are acceptable substitutions for sweatpants (preferably blue in color).
- All clothing must be clearly marked with student’s name on the outside of all PE clothing.
- Students should not wear chains, rings or loose earrings to PE.
- Students will be responsible for bringing their own PE clothes.
- On the fifth non-suit, per semester, a detention will be issued.
- On the 6th non-suit, a referral will be issued.
- Students are responsible for their possessions. The PE Department is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen property.
- A lock and locker will be assigned to each student. No sharing of locks, lockers or PE clothing.
- Enter through the designated “IN” door and exit through the designated “OUT” door.
- Locks will be provided for each student. If lost, the student will be charged a $10.00 replacement fee. If lost or damaged
- Students need to be changed and out of the locker room, sitting on their attendance numbers, in a timely manner.
- Students are not to leave the PE area until the bell rings.
- Flag Football
- Track and Field
- Fitness Dynamics
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Wall Ball
- Paddle Ball (Pickle Ball)
- Field Games
- Circuit Training
- Fitness Testing
Titan physical education students will be graded on a daily 10 point system. Students will be graded on attendance, dressing out, active participation/effort, social skills, and fitness runs. Total points will be tallied and put into a grading scale. All absences must be made up. Make-up forms are located in the locker rooms.
PE OFF CAMPUS PERMISSION SLIP
All parents must VIEW (no need to print-out) the off-campus permission form and this PE policies page. Your child will receive a “sign-off” form the first week of school which requires a parent signature signifying that a parent has viewed the two aforementioned materials.
PE Off Campus Permission Slip